Rosemont’s Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration will help prepare you to seek leadership and management positions in governmental, nonprofit, and private organizations. The rising costs and shifting accessibility of quality healthcare are critical issues to individuals and organizations nationwide. Effective leadership in the industry could help improve management structures and find solutions to unique challenges facing individuals and communities.
The curriculum requires 33 credits of coursework, which includes a 3-credit capstone course, and 30 credits of required program coursework. Experienced industry experts who see the big picture and the ways you may fit into it continuously review Rosemont’s curriculum.
In the case of current healthcare workers who have healthcare-related degrees, exposure to the Master’s in Healthcare Administration courses will increase your skill set and position you for advancement into or within management. This program will genuinely expose the student to the uniqueness of the healthcare field and provide students with the knowledge and skills needed for employment and success in healthcare administration.
Upon completion of the Program students will:
- Have an understanding of the nuances and challenges of the health-care system including the method for financing services.
- Understand the challenges involved in motivating highly trained technical people.
- Understand how to integrate health administration theory with practical administrative experience.
- Be able to affect ethical decision making for managers in health-care settings.
The Rosemont MSCHA program is 100% online, providing the flexibility for you to determine when and where you will complete course work – mornings, nights, lunch breaks or weekends – it’s up to you. All courses will be offered in a 7 week accelerated format, and the program can be completed within 18 to 24 months.
HCA-6000 Information Technology in Healthcare
HCA 6001 Healthcare Organization and Administration
HCA 6002 Economics of Healthcare and Public Policy
HCA-6003 Risk Management and Patient Affairs
HCA-6005 Psychosocial Aspects of Health
HCA-6006 Long-term Care Administration
HCA 6009 Healthcare Models Across the Globe
HCA-6010 Ethical Issues in the Administration of Healthcare
HCA-6011 Community Health Assessment
HCA 6012 Leadership in Healthcare Administration
- Completed Application for Admission
- Submit an official college transcript from an accredited 4 year college or university.
- Statement of Purpose (How this program will help my career: 2-3 paragraphs)
Tuition & Fees for 2014-2015: $635 credit hour plus a $35 per credit hour general fee
Books & Supplies: $1,500 (estimated only)